- Type a name in the Search box. As soon as you do, the tabs below the Search fieldchange from this:
If the person is in your organization, stay on the MY CONTACTS tab. If not, click on the SKYPE DIRECTORY tab. It will narrow your search if you know their full name or Skype user name.
Add a Contact
- Right-click the name in the search results.
- Click Add to Contact List.
Pick a group to add your new contact to.
View a contact card
- Hover over a contact picture.
Click the Contact Card button to open Contact Card.
Create a group
- Click the Add a Contact button.
- Select Create a New Group.
- Begin typing your new group name.
Send an instant message
In your Contacts list, point to the contact you want to IM. If
you want to IM with more
than one contact, hold down the Ctrl key and click each
- Click the IM button.
Type your message and
press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Need to add someone to the IM?
Add audio, video and share files in an IM conversation
Switch between conversations
Find a previous IM conversation
If you use Outlook and Exchange, Skype for Business automatically saves your IM conversation history. To view or continue a previous IM conversation or see an IM request you missed:
- Click the Conversations tab.
- Click the All or Missed tab. If you don’t see the conversation you’re looking for, click View More in Outlook at the bottom of the list.
Double-click the conversation that
you want to open.
Want to shut your virtual office door?
Which Skype should I use?