1. Open the Settings App on your phone:
2. Inside of Settings, scroll down and select "Accounts & Passwords":
3. Under Accounts, select the "Add Account" option:
4. In the account type selection screen, select "Exchange":
5. In the Account Information screen, fill in your information accordingly. Description is totally up to you, you can put "work email", "Commonwealth", "CMW"; whatever you want to label this account to distinguish it from any other mail accounts you have on your device:
6. You'll be presented with a popup asking to Configure Manually or Sign In. Select "Sign In". ***IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS POPUP AND ARE DIRECTED TO A SCREEN WITH Email/Server/Domain/Username/Password FIELDS, PROCEED TO STEP 13***:
7. Next you'll be presented with a screen asking to select Work or school account or Personal account. Select "Work or school account":
8. Next you'll be presented with a OnePass login screen. Enter your email address and password and click "Sign On":
9. Next, you'll be presented with a screen to Approve Sign-in Request via the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you've set the app up to send you notifications, you will receive a push notification within a few seconds telling you that you've received a verification request:
10. Toggle over to Microsoft Authenticator app to respond to the authentication request by tapping "Approve".
11. You can now toggle back over to the Settings app, where you should then be presented with a screen asking which features you'd like to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes). They will all be on by default. Toggle off the features you don't want to sync (I've toggled off Reminders and Notes), and when you're done, click Save in the upper right corner:
12. Now you're done!
13. If you are not on iOS 11, you will be required to manually enter the server information. Under Server, put "outlook.office365.com". Leave the Domain field blank. Under Username, put your full email address. Under Password, put your current password. Click Next, and you should be presented with a screen similar to Step 9 above:
NOTE: If you choose to sync Contacts with your Commonwealth account, it may make your Commonwealth account your default account for new contacts. So, any contacts that you enter into your phone will go into your Commonwealth account contacts group, and, if/when you delete the Commonwealth account off of your phone, all of those contacts will go with it. You may want to change this back to your iCloud account, or whatever you had set as your default contacts list previously. To do this, go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars, scroll down to the Contacts section, click Default Account, and choose which account you'd like new contacts to be added to by default.