This guide will help you enroll and register your mobile device to use Duo Mobile, our Multifactor Authentication app.
1. On your computer, open a web browser and navigate to mfa.interpublic.com, which you'll sign into via OnePass.
2. Click the "Start Setup" button.
3. Select the type of device you'd like to enroll and click Continue. We recommend using a mobile phone for the best experience, but you can also enroll a landline telephone, iOS/Android tablets, or a U2F (a USB key which you would need to request from IT and might take weeks to procure. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to explore this option.) The following instructions will assume that you are enrolling a mobile phone.
4. Select your country from the drop-down list and type your mobile phone number. Check the box ensuring that the number you entered is correct, then click "Continue".
5. Choose your device's operating system and click "Continue".
6. At this point you'll be prompted to download the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device. The app is free and available on your platform's app store. The app is used only as a secondary method of authentication when you attempt to connect to a secure service (such as IPG VPN) on your computer; it does not use your mobile data plan for VPN connection, and it does not connect your mobile device to IPG's network via VPN.
Once you have the app installed, click "I have Duo Mobile installed".
7. Next, you'll be asked to activate Duo Mobile on your device by scanning the barcode on your computer screen with the build in barcode reader within Duo Mobile. When you launch the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device, click the Add Account button and you will be presented with a screen asking you to scan the activation barcode to link your account to the app on your phone (your mobile device may request that Duo Mobile has access to the camera on your phone; you must allow access in order to scan the barcode.)
Once you've successfully scanned the barcode, the "Continue" button in the activation screen on your computer will become green. Click "Continue" and you're done!
If you have issues scanning the barcode, click "Having problems? We'll send you an activation link instead" and follow the instructions.
Your device is ready to approve Duo authentication requests. Click Send me a Push to give it a try. All you need to do is tap Approve on the Duo login request received at your phone.