If you’re going to be out of the office for ANY reason—whether for vacation, working from home, studio / shoot work, etc.—please schedule it on our OOO calendar.
By entering your OOO time into this calendar, it provides HR and creative resourcing with a daily snapshot of who is out – and why / where you are.
To get vacation time approved:
- Check in with your supervisor to make sure your vacation dates will work around current projects and to arrange for a back-up person
To schedule the time in the OOO calendar:
- Create a new event in your calendaring application (Apple Calendar or Microsoft Outlook).
- In the subject line: “Your Full Name vacation / in studio / at shoot, etc." (there are several people scheduling themselves OOO every day. This allows us to identify quickly who on the calendar who is out).
- Schedule which days you will be out.
- Invite CMWDetroitOOO.CR@commonwealth-team.com
- cc: your supervisor (Autumn Maison, Rich Silva, Traci Armstrong are automatically invited to all OOO invites).
- Hit Send.
While you’re out:
- Set-up an email auto reply while you’re out with information about who should be contacted in your absence.
If your need to be out of the office is last-minute (sick, family emergency, etc.), please be sure to let both your immediate supervisor and add it to the OOO calendar.
If you need a quick hands-on tutorial on how this works, please let Traci Armstrong know.