Every 90 days, you'll be required to change your password on the IPG network. Doing so will affect everything that relies on IPG directory services, which includes logging in to your machine, connecting to oneConnect wireless, Commonwealth email, servers, Egnyte, etc. IPG password criteria are as follows:
- Must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Must not contain either your first or last name.
- Must contain all of the following 4 things:
- Upper case letter
- Lower case letter
- Cannot be one of your previous 11 passwords.
***If you are out of the office/not on our internal company network, then you will need to connect to VPN prior to completing the steps below, instructions on how to do that can be found here: Using GlobalProtect VPN
1. Click on the Enterprise Connect key icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
If you do not have this icon, please contact email@example.com so we can get you set up with Enterprise Connect!
2. In the window that appears, you will be asked to enter your old password in the first box. Then, create a new password in the second box, and verify that password in the third box. Then, click Change Password:
3. You will get a popup asking to allow keychain access. Type in your new password and select "Always Allow". If you select "Allow", you will experience keychain pop ups shortly after changing your password.
NOTE: After you successfully change your password, you will want to immediately update each and every other device (smartphone, tablet, home comuputer, etc.) that you have set up to access your IPG email and oneConnect wireless. If you do not do this, these devices will repeatedly attempt to log in as you using your old password, which will cause your account to become temporarily locked.