Every 60 days (at the most), you'll be required to change your password on the IPG network. Doing so will affect everything that relies on IPG directory services, which includes your computer password, oneConnect wireless, IPG email, servers, Box.com, etc.—just about everything.
Currently, the rules for passwords on the IPG network are as follows:
- Must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Must not contain either your first or last name.
- Must contain at least 3 of the following 4:
- Upper case letters.
- Lower case letters.
- Cannot be one of your previous 11 passwords.
NOTE #1: these instructions are to be done while connected to the office wired network, or while VPN'd into IPG. They will not work otherwise.
NOTE #2: You will want to update each and every other device (i.e. smartphone and tablet) that you have access your IPG email and wifi networks (oneConnect) once you've completed the steps below. If you do not do this, these devices will repeatedly attempt to log in as you using your old password, which will cause your account to become temporarily locked.
1. First, press control-alt-delete on your keyboard to bring up the following screen:
2. Next, click Change a Password... Enter your old password, then what you would like your new password to be, twice (for validation).
3. Click the blue button, and you're done!
Your other devices and applications will soon prompting you to re-enter your password. Be sure to check the "remember my password" checkbox when presented with one, unless you enjoy being prompted over and over for your new password.